Cottonwood Campground is located in the Town of Treherne, just west of Vanzile Street. For years, campers have enjoyed the shade of the old cottonwood trees. Clean washrooms with showers, two play forts, playground structure with swings and proximity to Treherne Aquatic Centre, Treherne Museum and Bottle Buildings have all added to the popularity of this campground.
Cottonwood Campground has two areas for camping. COTTONWOOD PARK is the area with the washrooms and playground structures. BASSWOOD BAY was built in 2005 and provides full service with 30 amp electricity, water and sewer.
Cottonwood Park camping rates will stay the same as 2012 as it will take time to re-establish these sites. 2014 will possibly see new rates as well as changes to seasonal camping sites for Cottonwood Park.
2013 rates range from $16.00 to $29.00 per day, these amounts include G.S.T.
The Cottonwood Park area opens to ball players on May Long weekend for this private function. The whole campground opens to the general public after May long weekend and close early September.
- 50 Full Services Sites (30 amp, water and sewer)
- 17 Serviced Sites (15 amp & water)
- Unserviced Sites are available
- Modern washrooms with Showers
- Large and small play fort, very popular with the kids!
- Playground Area
- Fire Wood available on site
- Heated swimming pool, separate from the campground but within walking distance
- Laundromat, Gas Station, Grocery Stores, are all nearby
- Golf Course - 9 holes, 2 Miles from Town
Several tourist attractions and walking trails in the area